We are pleased to announce that the next training in Integrative Cancer Care Navigation is scheduled for September 24-29, 2017, at Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health in Stockbridge, MA.
Smith Center’s innovative Patient Navigation Training offers the country’s only comprehensive learning experience in the practice of integrative cancer care navigation. We are particularly proud to partner with Kripalu for our upcoming training. For more than 40 years, Kripalu has been teaching skills for optimal living through education for the whole person: body, mind, heart, and spirit. It is the largest and most established retreat center in North America for yoga, health, and holistic living.
Who Should Attend?
The training is open to both new and experienced navigators, and is particularly useful to professionals who would like to expand their skills and services to include whole-person and comprehensive navigation support. Our past trainees serve diverse populations and come from a variety of backgrounds:
- Oncology Care Providers (physicians, nurses, counselors, and social workers)
- Integrative Practitioners
- Patient Advocates
- Lay Navigators
Training participants are eligible to receive the following Continuing Education Credits:
- Social Workers – 34.5 credits
- Nurses – 34.25 credits
- Yoga Teachers – 4.5 credits
Why You Should Attend
- Our unique blend of didactic and experiential instruction prepares navigators to confidently share their knowledge of evidence-based complementary therapies with their patients, and equips our trainees with resources, tools and skills to help patients better cope with their illness.
- Over 30 continuing education credits offered to nurses, social workers, and other select professionals.
- Our training enhances ACOS-accredited hospital cancer programs’ ability to meet the Commission on Cancer’s Patient-Centered Standards.
- Trainees come away with a greater awareness of self-care practices and their usefulness for serving patients and preventing burnout.
- Each trainee receives educational resources and information to establish their integrative navigation practice.
- Trainees have access to renowned, expert faculty in the field of integrative cancer care and professional navigators offering cutting edge, whole-person care.
How to Apply
You can register for the training and select housing accommodations directly through the Kripalu website