With Carol Regan
- Tuesday, September 1, 6-7pm
You are invited to a special introductory Awareness Through Movement® workshop that is suited for every body. Anyone - young or old, physically challenged or physically fit - can benefit from this type of movement. Also known as The Feldenkrais Method®, this is a form of somatic education that uses gentle guided movement and directed attention to improve movement and enhance human functioning. This method offers you ways to explore how to move better, become aware of patterns of movement may interfere with your own ease of action, and become more aware at “learning to learn” for yourself.
- Discover the many benefits of the Feldenkrais Method:
- Leave each class feeling relaxed, refreshed, and re-energized
- Re-discover effortless, comfortable, pleasurable movement
- Relief from chronic aches and pains
- Improved posture
- Improvement in coordination and greater body awareness for walking, running, biking, swimming
- What you learn is transferable to everyday activity as well as sports, yoga, Pilates, dancing, and more!
To learn more about Awareness through Movement, visit the International Feldenkrais Federation online.
Our programs are open to the community, and tailored to meet the needs of people affected by cancer. Classes and workshops are free or low cost on a pay-as-you-can basis, ensuring that our programs are accessible to everyone. This workshop is free of charge.
About Carol Regan
Carol discovered the Feldenkrais Method over seven years ago after trying a number of different movement classes yet finding herself going back into her old patterns that caused chronic aches and pains. The work has been life-changing both physically and emotionally; she began a four-year training program in 2012, and is now a certified teacher of the Method. Her volunteer work has been focused on healing and she brings her own experiences and commitment to restorative practice to her classes.