Meet Up and Support Group
- Sunday, June 21, 5-6:30pm
Facilitated by Jennifer Bires, LICSW & Cheryl Hughes, LICSW, OSW-C
Join us at this month’s meeting of the DC Young Adult Cancer Community! Enjoy a light dinner, a facilitated group support session, and a chance to meet other young adult cancer survivors.
This group is designed for participants from ages 19-39 at any point in the cancer journey. Significant others are welcome! Please RSVP below to help us plan.
The DC Young Adult Cancer Suport Community is an initiative of:
- Cancer Support Community
- George Washington University Hospital/Medical Faculty Associates
- First Descents
- Hope Connections for Cancer Support
- Howard University Hospital
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Life with Cancer
- Medstar Georgetown University Hospital
- Nueva Vida
- Sisters Nework
- Smith Center for Healing and the Arts
- Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults
- Virginia Hospital Center
- Washington Cancer Institute at Medstar Washington Hospital Center
- Young Survival Coalition (DC Chapter)
Smith Center is located at 1632 U Street, in Northwest DC. Both the Dupont Circle (red) and U Street (green) metro stops are an easy walk (about 1/2 mile) and street parking is also available on Saturdays.