Eating well is one of the most fundamental and accessible ways of promoting good health and living well through cancer treatment and beyond. Start with this article by our Director of Nourishment Programs, Laura Pole on why it DOES matter what you eat when you have cancer.
- Join us for Smith Center Cooking & Nutrition Classes with Chef Laura Pole and other excellent teachers
- AICR Nutrition Hotline - 800.843.8114
- Environmental Working Group - Publishes the "Dirty Dozen" list of top foods to buy organic each year.
- My Food My Health
- Five to Thrive
- Nutritional Solutions
Provides personal nutritional consulting and information about treatment-related side effects.
- Oldways PT - Promotes healthy eating based upon regional diet pyramids.
- Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
Health & nutrition resource for medical professionals, with new research and information about the role of nutrition in health and fighting disease.
- Vegetarian Times
- The Worlds Healthiest Foods - Provides scientifically backed information for convenient healthy eating.
Cookbooks & Cancer Diet Information
- A Taste of Smith Farm Center - By Laura Pole
- Cancer Fighting Kitchen - By Rebecca Katz w/ Mat Edelson
- Try Magic Mineral Broth - a recipe from the Cancer Fighting Kitchen
- Soul Savory Cookbook - Smith Center, Edited by Laura Pole
- Life Over Cancer - By Keith Block
- Anti-Cancer - By David Servan-Schreiber
- What to Eat If You Have Cancer: Healing Foods that Boost Your Immune System - By Daniella Chace and Maureen Keane, MS
- One Bite at a Time - By Rebecca Katz
- Nourishing Meals Cookbook - By Alissa Segersten & Tom Malterre, MS, CN
- The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook - By Alissa Segersten & Tom Malterre, MS, CN
- The China Study: Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss, and Long-Term Health - By Dr. T. Colin Campbell, PhD, with Thomas M. Campbell
Community Food Resources
- Food and Friends is a nonprofit organization that prepares and delivers specialized meals and groceries as well as nutrition counseling to men, women, and children living with HIV/AIDS, cancer, and other life-challenging illnesses.
- Meals on Wheels delivers nutritious meals to senior citizens. Check their website for a program in your area.