Our September 2017 training at Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health in Stockbridge, MA was a success and we look forward to offering further trainings in the future. Right now we are taking time to update and reimagine our training. Stay tuned for further details.
Smith Center’s innovative Patient Navigation Training offers the country’s only comprehensive learning experience in the practice of integrative cancer care navigation.
Who Should Attend?
The training is open to both new and experienced navigators and is particularly useful to professionals who would like to expand their skills and services to include whole-person and comprehensive navigation support. Our past trainees serve diverse populations and come from a variety of backgrounds:
- Oncology Care Providers (physicians, nurses, counselors, and social workers)
- Integrative Practitioners
- Patient Advocates
- Lay Navigators
2017 Training participants were eligible to receive the following Continuing Education Credits:
- Social Workers – 34.5 credits
- Nurses – 34.25 credits
- Yoga Teachers – 4.5 credits
Why You Should Attend
- Our unique blend of didactic and experiential instruction prepares navigators to confidently share their knowledge of evidence-based complementary therapies with their patients and equips our trainees with resources, tools, and skills to help patients better cope with their illness.
- Over 30 continuing education credits offered to nurses, social workers, and other select professionals.
- Our training enhances ACOS-accredited hospital cancer programs’ ability to meet the Commission on Cancer’s Patient-Centered Standards.
- Trainees come away with a greater awareness of self-care practices and their usefulness for serving patients and preventing burnout.
- Each trainee receives educational resources and information to establish their integrative navigation practice.
- Trainees have access to renowned, expert faculty in the field of integrative cancer care and professional navigators offering cutting edge, whole-person care.
How to Apply
Stay tuned for more details.