Welcome to Smith Center’s Institute for Integrative Oncology Navigation (IION).
The mission of IION is to ensure all people facing cancer, and their caregivers, are assisted by trained navigators who:
- Provide skilled whole-person support along the entire cancer continuum and
- Facilitate access to appropriate, evidence-based integrative cancer care resources in conjunction with their medical care
Our goals are to:
- Educate navigators in the provision of quality integrative cancer care and whole-person navigation,
- Establish integrative navigation as the standard of care for oncology navigation programs nationwide, and
- Raise awareness of integrative oncology navigation within the medical profession, cancer survivor community, and the general public.
“I am grateful for the opportunity to witness the power of a paradigm. Smith Center is setting the standard for what integrative navigation can be, a paradigm for the field to follow.” – Kent, Training Participant
Our work in integrative patient navigation has received generous financial support over the years from national and local organizations, including Susan G. Komen for the Cure, the Lance Armstrong Foundation, the Palette Fund, Cancer Treatment Centers of America, the Quality Health Foundation and the DC Cancer Consortium.
Special thanks to The Palette Fund, honoring the work of Rand Harlan Skolnick through innovative, collaborative programs in Patient Navigation, Nutrition and Wellness, and supporting the LGBT Community.